During Halloween, we always wear exceedingly strange clothes with scarring mask, and join Halloween activities including trick-or-treating, wearing costumes and attending costume parties, carving jack-o'-lanterns, ghost tours, bonfires, apple bobbing, visiting haunted attractions, committing pranks, telling ghost stories or other frightening tales, and watching horror films. That will be an impressing memory of the year. And we also would like to record these happy time, and burn to DVD for sharing with others.
However, the video files recorded by HD camcorders like JVC, Sony, Panasonic and Canon are always saved in mts, m2ts or mod format which can't be recognized by many Video Editor and DVD Burner. Users usually have no idea with these AVCHD files. Here I wanna share a good sulotion to convert AVCHD files to DVD.
Part 1. Convert/encode AVCHD(mts/m2ts/mod) files to avi or mpeg
1. Free download and install this HD Video Converter for Mac which enables you to convert AVCHD files like mts, m2ts and mod to avi, mpeg, mov, mp4, wmv, etc
2. Click "Add" botton to add your AVCHD files
3. Click "Format" iron to choose output format u want. Here I select "avi" as output format
4. Click "Convert" to start conversion from AVCHD files to avi
After converison, the generated avi file can be burned to DVD.
Part 2. Burn Avi to DVD
1. Install and run the DVD Creator for Mac which can burn AVI, MPEG, DAT, MPG, WMV, ASF, MP4, H261, H264, DV, 3GP, 3G2 and VOB to DVD, then insert a blank disc with the system can pop up a hint window automatically. Just click " Ignore" for OK!
2. From your Mac, add the video files through the fast icon or the window-menu on the top the software. When the blank DVD to DVD Drive has been inserted, the software can auto-detect and is indicated in the "DVD name".
3. The loaded video files can be previewed in the right window of the main interface and you can set the output display method according to your needs in "Resize Method" column.
Tips:In "Resize Method" column there are three options for you:
Letterbox: add black stripes to fit the output aspect ratio.
Pan and Scan:crop frame to fit the output aspect ratio.
Full Screen: stretch and compress frame to fit the output aspect ratio
4. After adding video files completely, and press the button"Start Create". Few minutes later, you will convert files into the blank DVD, which can become a great play to reproduce the happy memories!
Tips:Before burning, you can make detailed settings of the output file in "iMacsoft DVD Creator for Mac > Preference", such as "NTSC" or "PAL" video format.